|High / Low range:||-|
AroCell AB (publ) Interim Report 1st January to 31st March 2019
Word from the CEO
“Biomarkers will play an increasingly important role in how we identify and follow up treatments for patients with cancer in the coming years. The development of an increased individual adaptation of treatment is driven by the use of biomarkers which enable diagnosis of which tumor type the patient has and also what treatment the patient should receive.
Thymidine Kinase is an important and exciting biomarker that can provide early detection of therapy response in cancer treatment, which means increased survival and better quality of life for the patient and reduced costs for the healthcare provider."
Michael Brobjer, CEO
Significant events during the reporting period 1 October – 31 December
- AroCell signed a distribution agreement with the Beijing based company Gongyingshi for the promotion and distribution of the AroCell TK 210™ ELISA in China. AroCell thereby has five distributors covering large parts of Europe, the US, China, and South Korea.
- A new scientific publication from AroCell on TK 210 ELISA in prostate cancer was published the peer-reviewed journal “The Prostate” with the title: “The combination of AroCell TK 210 ELISA with Prostate Health Index or protease-specific antigen density can improve the ability to differentiate prostate cancer from noncancerous conditions”. The aim of the study was to investigate the diagnostic value of the AroCell TK 210 ELISA together with free PSA, pro PSA and PHI in differentiating prostate cancer from benign urological conditions. The results showed that the combination of TK1 with PSAD or TK1 with PHI has significantly higher sensitivity than those for the individual PSA-related biomarkers.
- An abstract from AroCell vas accepted for poster presentation on the American Association of Cancer Research 2019 (AACR 2019) held from March 29 to April 3 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The Study compares AroCell TK210 ELISA with TK-Liaison assay.
- The European Patent Office (EPO) granted Arocell a new patent (nr. 3083698) with the title ”Monoclonal Anti-TK1 Antibodies”. The patent is referring to AroCell’s proprietary technology of specific and sensitive immunological measurement of Thymidine Kinase 1 in serum. More specifically, the monoclonal antibody, XPA210-Ar1, is covered in the patent.
- AroCell launched a new website. The goal with the new website is to facilitate for customers, business partners and investors to find relevant information about AroCell.
Significant events after the reporting period
- AroCell initiated a collaboration with Corgenix (Corgenix Inc., Colorado USA) to establish the measurement of Thymidine Kinase 1 using AroCell TK 210 ELISA in a CLIA-lab. The AroCell TK 210 ELISA kit vas validated and approved for Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1) measurements in human samples for preclinical and clinical use at the Corgenix laboratory facility in Colorado, USA.
- AroCell established a Scientific Advisory Board to support the company in its planned expansion in the coming years.
- AroCell AB signed a distribution agreement with the Mumbai based company Inveniolife Technology Pvt. Ltd. for the promotion and distribution of the AroCell TK 210™ ELISA in India.
Reporting period 1 January – 31 March 2019
- Net sales were 76 (-) KSEK
- Loss before financial items was -5 287 (-4 182) KSEK
- Cash flow from operating activities was -4 402 (-3 112) KSEK
- Earnings per share before and after dilution were -0,13 (-0,15) SEK
- Cash and cash equivalents were at the end of the period 25 332 (14 137) KSEK
Interim report 1st January to 31st of March 2018 (available in Swedish only) (PDF)
For more information:
Michael Brobjer, CEO
Telephone: +46(0)18 50 30 20
AroCell is obliged to make public this information pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. This information was submitted for publication through the agency of Michael Brobjer, May 16, 2019 at 08:00.
AroCell AB (AROC) is a Swedish company that develops
standardized modern blood tests to support the prognosis and
follow up of cancer patients. AroCell's new technology is
based on patented methods to measure Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1)
protein levels in a blood sample. The TK 210™ ELISA test
provides valuable information mainly about the condition of
cancer patients. This may help clinicians to optimize
treatment strategies and estimate the risk of recurrence of
tumor disease during the monitoring of the disease. AroCell
(AROC) is listed at Nasdaq First North with Redeye AB as
Certified Adviser: Certifiedadviser@redeye.se, +46
(0)8 121 576 90.
For more information; www.arocell.com
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.