U-Haul at Roswell St. Closing after 40 Years
MARIETTA, Ga., June 13, 2018
MARIETTA, Ga., June 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- U-Haul Moving & Storage at Roswell St., a self-move store at 706 Roswell St. in Marietta that has been serving Cobb County customers since November 1978, closed its doors on May 29.
Plans call for U-Haul® to maintain ownership of the property and lease the facility to a local business.
Customers of the former Roswell St. location can find U-Haul products less than a half mile away at the new U-Haul at Roswell Street at 900 Roswell St. Site of a former Chevrolet® dealership that U-Haul acquired last year, the new facility will soon offer 400-plus indoor self-storage rooms and U-Box portable storage in addition to a full line of U-Haul equipment and services.
Local U-Haul Companies are always exploring opportunities for growth as they pursue means to better meet the needs of customers, but sometimes find it necessary to close or relocate stores. Reasons for closures can include: long-term strategic plans; physical plant limitations; shifts in demographics; trends in migration; expansion of the U-Haul neighborhood dealer network; and proximity to other new or existing U-Haul stores.
U-Haul Company's repurposing of the building for U-Haul at Roswell Street was driven by its Corporate Sustainability initiatives: U-Haul supports infill developments to help local communities lower their carbon footprint. The adaptive reuse of existing buildings reduces the energy and resources required for new-construction materials and helps cities reduce their unwanted inventory of unused buildings.
Find U-Haul store and neighborhood dealer locations near you at uhaul.com/locations.
Since 1945, U-Haul has been the No. 1 choice of do-it-yourself movers, with a network of more than 21,000 locations across all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. U-Haul Truck Share 24/7 now offers customers access to U-Haul trucks every hour of every day through the self-service options on their internet-connected mobile devices. U-Haul customers' patronage has enabled the U-Haul fleet to grow to more than 150,000 trucks, 112,000 trailers and 40,000 towing devices. U-Haul offers more than 581,000 rooms and more than 51 million square feet of self-storage space at owned and managed facilities throughout North America. U-Haul is the largest installer of permanent trailer hitches in the automotive aftermarket industry and is the largest retailer of propane in the U.S.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/u-haul-at-roswell-st-closing-after-40-years-300665723.html
- Leap Therapeutics Presents Esophagogastric Cancer Data at ESMO 2018 Annual Congress
- Larotrectinib Delivers 81% Overall Response Rate in an Expanded Dataset of 109 TRK Fusion Cancer Patients Across Ages and Tumor Types
- Mirati Therapeutics Announces Updated Data From Ongoing Clinical Trial Of Single Agent Sitravatinib At The 2018 ESMO Congress
- DGAP-News: MorphoSys's Licensing Partner GSK has Reported Data on GSK3196165 from Phase 2 Study in Rheumatoid Arthritis to be Presented at the ACR Conference
- Elbit Systems Announces the Results of its Extraordinary and Annual General Meeting of Shareholders Held on October 18, 2018
- Varian Forms FlashForward Consortium to Study Ultra-high Dose Rate Cancer Treatments with Protons