PokerVision Media Inc. Named Official Media Partner of Calgary eSports League Exhibition Event
CALGARY, Alberta, Jan. 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
PokerVision Media Inc. is pleased to announce that it has
been named an Official Media Partner of the Calgary eSports
League’s Exhibition Event to be held Tuesday, January
15th, 2019 at Telus Spark from 6 - 10pm. Featured
games in this live eSport competition are League of Legends,
Overwatch, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Tekken
7. The entire event will be streamed live on Twitch and
PokerVision will be there covering all the action for its
Coverage from the GameChangerz team will he hosted by Calgary based professional eSports streamer James MacMaster better known online as TreTzyTV who has amassed over 550,000 YouTube subscribers and over 125,000 combined followers on Instagram and Twitter. His online videos have had over 1 billion views.
eSports is competitive video gaming, whether by teams or individuals. It requires all the skill and dedication of traditional sports and is the world’s fastest growing competitive sporting activity.
- eSports saw revenue over $900M in 2018, estimated to grow to over a billion in 2019
- 5 of the top 10 most popular and top earning YouTubers make their money from video games
- More people watched the 2018 League of Legends World Championship than the Super Bowl
- Total eSports viewership is expected to surpass the NFL by 2022
- 80% of eSports viewers are between 10 and 35 years of age, a coveted demographic for marketers
PokerVision Media is launching a multi platform broadcast network covering poker, eSports and gaming lifestyle content. The broadcast management team sees the growing eSports market as a key driver for viewers and plans to launch interactive platforms, social gaming and interactivity with its content as part of its strategy being a next generation media company. The company is also excited to undertake an Initial Public Offering on the CSE in the coming year
PokerVision Media will be announcing its complete eSports strategy on Thursday, January 17th at a corporate event being held at its head office in Calgary, Alberta and will be making additional announcements in the coming weeks.
About PokerVision Media
PokerVision Media Inc. is a next generation media company focusing on interactive and engaged content production and broadcast in the poker, eSports and gaming lifestyle marketplace. The Company leverages traditional business models through gamification and new media delivery solutions to capture and monetize the changing ways consumers consume media.
Cautionary and Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains forward‐looking statements and forward‐looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. These statements relate to future events or future performance. All statements other than statements of historical fact may be forward‐looking statements or information. Although management of the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward looking statements and information are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward‐looking statements and information since no assurance can be given that they will prove to be correct.
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
- Successful first test of terabit-speed university research network in Mississippi
- EML Launches Payments Card with PointsBet in New Jersey
- Royal Dutch Shell plc: Transaction in Own Shares
- PR Newswire - End of Day
- DERICHEBOURG : Disclosure of trading in own shares between January 14th, 2019 and January 18th, 2019
- Portland Private Income Fund to Invest in Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners