CIR Issues New Report on 5G Optical Networking and Cabling Infrastructure Buildout
CROZET, Va., Feb. 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Industry
analyst firm CIR has just issued a new report on the 5G fiber
optics infrastructure market. In the report the firm projects
a robust market for optical networking and cabling in the
coming years as carriers deploy the infrastructure necessary
to meet the needs of the growing 5G wireless business. CIR
sees global expenditures on 5G fronthaul and backhaul
equipment will peak at $4.1 billion in 2021. Optical cabling
expenditures will exceed $5 billion annually with some years
having spending amounts substantially higher during the 5G
infrastructure build out.
The report, titled “Optical Networking Opportunities In The 5G Infrastructure Market: 2019 To 2028,” is available for sale on the firm’s website. Details of the report are available at: https://cir-inc.com/reports/optical-networking-opportunities-5g-infrastructure-market/. An excerpt from the report including a downloadable version is available.
The firm will be hosting a webinar to present findings from the report on Tuesday, February 26th at 11:00 AM. Persons interested in registering can do so at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6238615079125913347
About the Report:
This new report from CIR analyzes and quantifies the opportunities in the optical networking market for 5G fronthaul and backhaul equipment as well as optical cable. In both the forecasts and the analysis, the market is broken down by protocols -- WDM, PON, Carrier Ethernet, and SDM -- and by data rate and type of technology used. Geographical breakouts also included. In addition, the prospects for alternatives to fiber optics in 5G infrastructure such as millimeter and microwave radio and free-space optic are explored. Our ten-year forecasting model takes account of the rapid build out of 5G infrastructure that is expected in the next few years and the inevitable decline as the 5G infrastructure deployments become sufficient to support a large number of 5G users.
Forecasts of all the technologies in the report are expressed in both volume and value terms. Companies addressed in the report include Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, ZTE, Ciena, Infinera, Corning, Prysmian Group, CommScope Sterlite Technologies, Nexans, OFS/Furukawa, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, Yangtze Optical Fibre (YOFC), and Fujikura. Among the topics discussed in the report is the impact on the 5G infrastructure market of the growing exclusion of Chinese firms (Huawei and ZTE) from building the 5G infrastructure in the US and Europe.
Communications Industry Researchers (CIR) has published hype-free industry analysis for the optical networking and photonics networks for more than 25 years. Our reports contain the most authoritative market forecast and technology assessment available.
Visit http://www.cir-inc.com for a full listing of CIR’s reports and other services.
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
- BW Offshore: Approved by ANP as operator in Brazil and transfer of the participating interest in the Maromba field
- ALERT: Monteverde & Associates PC Launches an Investigation Regarding the Following Acquisition
- China Fortune Land Development H1 Achieves RMB 8.48 Billion of Net Profits Attributable to Shareholders, a Year-on-year Increase of 22.4%
- INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Reminds Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. - IFF
- GTT SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: KAHN SWICK & FOTI, LLC REMINDS INVESTORS WITH LOSSES IN EXCESS OF $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against GTT Communications, Inc. - GTT
- PLURALSIGHT SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: KAHN SWICK & FOTI, LLC REMINDS INVESTORS WITH LOSSES IN EXCESS OF $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against Pluralsight, Inc. - PS