Medicenna Announces Upcoming Presentation at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
TORONTO and HOUSTON, May 16, 2019
TORONTO and HOUSTON, May 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ - Medicenna Therapeutics Corp. ("Medicenna" or "the Company") (TSX: MDNA, OTCQB: MDNAF), a clinical stage immuno-oncology company, today announced that Dr. Dina Randazzo of Duke University, will present updates related to the recently completed Phase 2b clinical trial of MDNA55 for the treatment of recurrent glioblastoma at the 2019 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) to be held from May 31 to June 4, 2019 in Chicago, Illinois.
The details of the poster presentation are as follows:
Title: MDNA55: A Locally Administered IL4
Guided Toxin as a Targeted Treatment for Recurrent
Session Title: Central Nervous System Tumors
Presenter: Dr. Dina Randazzo, DO, MS; Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center
Poster #: 228 Abstract: #2039
Date/Time: Sunday, June 2, 2019 from 8:00am to 11:00am
Location: Hall A, McCormick Place Convention Center, 2301 S King Dr, Chicago, IL 60616
In addition, Medicenna will have two abstracts published in the Conference Proceedings reporting (1) the use of multi-parametric MRI techniques to monitor tumor response in rGBM patients treated with MDNA55 in the recently completed Phase 2b clinical trial, and (2) preclinical data on its immuno-oncology pipeline candidate MDNA109.
Title: Multi-parametric MRI as supplement to
mRANO criteria for response assessment to MDNA55 in Adults
with Recurrent or Progressive Glioblastoma.
First Author: Diana Roettger, PhD
Title: MDNA109: An Interleukin-2 Superkine
Exhibiting Improved CD8 T-cell Activating Properties in the
First Author: Moutih Rafei, PhD
Abstracts of the company's presentations are available at: abstracts.asco.org
Medicenna is a clinical stage immunotherapy company developing novel highly selective versions of IL-2, IL-4 and IL-13 Superkines and first in class Empowered Cytokines™ (ECs). Our mission is to become the leader in the development and commercialization of ECs and Superkines for the treatment of a broad range of cancers and immune-mediated diseases. MDNA55 is Medicenna's lead EC that has completed enrolling in a multi-centre Phase 2b clinical trial for the treatment of recurrent glioblastoma, funded in part by the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). MDNA55 has secured Orphan Drug Status from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency as well as Fast Track Designation from the FDA for the treatment of rGBM. For more information, please visit www.medicenna.com.
SOURCE Medicenna Therapeutics Corp.
- Free EB-5 Visa Consultations In Dubai, India And South Africa
- SIML Proscere Bioscience Receives a $4.3M Order for Its Cold-Water CBD/Hemp Extraction Systems from Brand House Ventures Inc.
- DGAP-News: Gerry Weber International AG: GERRY WEBER reaches milestone for securing the company's future
- DGAP-Adhoc: Gerry Weber International AG: GERRY WEBER International AG concludes agreement with funds managed by Robus and Whitebox on restructuring concept based on insolvency plan
- Aroundtown SA announces successful placement of 84 million new shares from capital increase resulting in EUR 600.6 million in gross proceeds
- CP appoints Andrea Robertson and Edward R. Hamberger to its Board of Directors