The North West Company Inc. Announces Voting Results of its Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, June 12, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The
North West Company Inc. (TSX: NWC) (“North
West”) today announced voting results for
the election of directors at its annual general and special
meeting of shareholders held today, June 12, 2019, in
Winnipeg (the “Meeting”). Each of the
nominees listed in the management information circular dated
April 10, 2019 was elected as a director of North West at the
A total of 22,530,084 variable voting and common shares representing 46.21% of all of North West’s issued and outstanding shares were voted in connection with the Meeting. Shareholders approved all items of business before the Meeting, including the election of directors as follows:
|Nominee||Votes For||% of Votes For||Votes Withheld||% of Votes Withheld|
|H. Sanford Riley||21,139,853||93.83||1,390,231||6.17|
|Frank J. Coleman||20,395,105||90.52||2,134,979||9.48|
|Wendy F. Evans||20,221,968||89.76||2,308,116||10.24|
|Edward S. Kennedy||21,503,121||95.44||1,026,963||4.56|
|Robert J. Kennedy||20,329,256||90.23||2,200,828||9.77|
|Violet (Vi) A.M. Konkle||22,503,129||99.88||26,955||0.12|
|Eric L. Stefanson||22,453,479||99.66||76,605||0.34|
In addition, North West reports that:
- a special resolution approving a Plan of Arrangement to
effect amendments to North West’s Articles of Arrangement and
Amended and Restated By-Law No. 1 relating to the voting
rights of North West’s variable voting shares, was passed by
a special majority of the votes represented at the
- an ordinary resolution approving the appointment of
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as North West’s auditors for the
2019 fiscal year was passed by a majority of the votes
represented at the Meeting; and
- an advisory resolution accepting North West’s board’s approach to executive compensation was passed by a majority of the votes represented at the Meeting.
Details of the voting results on all matters considered at the Meeting are available in North West’s report of voting results, which is available under North West’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
ABOUT THE NORTH WEST COMPANY INC.
The North West Company Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a leading retailer of food and everyday products and services to rural communities and urban neighbourhoods in Canada, Alaska, the South Pacific and the Caribbean. North West operates 245 stores under the trading names Northern, NorthMart, Giant Tiger, Alaska Commercial Company, Cost-U-Less and RiteWay Food Markets and has annualized sales of approximately CDN$2.0 billion.
The variable voting and common shares of North West trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NWC”.
Edward Kennedy, President and Chief Executive Officer, The North West Company Inc. Phone 204-934-1482; fax 204-934-1317; email firstname.lastname@example.org
John King, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The North West Company Inc. Phone 204-934-1397; fax 204-934-1317; email: email@example.com
Amanda Sutton, Vice President, Legal and Corporate Secretary, The North West Company Inc. Phone 204-934-1756; fax 204-934-1317; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit on-line at www.northwest.ca
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
- Allied Announces June 2019 Distribution
- Future of Healthcare and Health Policy Addressed in Distinguished Lecture Series
- Freddie Mac June Forecast: Favorable Mortgage Rates and Strong Labor Situation Signal Growing Housing Market Through 2019
- Citation Growth Corp. (formerly, Liht Cannabis Corp.) Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Premium Cannabis Cultivator, ACC Group of Companies, to Establish Nevada Cannabis Cultivation and Brand Powerhouse
- Product Solutions to Suppress Dust and Reduce Downtime
- Zydus Announces Completion of Enrolment in EVIDENCES IV Phase 2 Clinical Trial of Saroglitazar Magnesium in NASH