Globe Life Honored By Women's Forum Of New York For Gender Parity In The Boardroom
MCKINNEY, Texas, Nov. 8, 2019
MCKINNEY, Texas, Nov. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Globe Life Inc. (NYSE: GL) was recognized by the Women's Forum of New York at its 2019 Breakfast of Champions on Thursday, November 7, 2019. The Breakfast of Corporate Champions honors S&P 500 and Fortune 1000 companies who measurably exceed the national average of board seats held by women. This flagship event is a biennial salute to companies and leaders who are actively advancing women on corporate boards. It brings together hundreds of leaders including Board Directors, CEOs and government officials in support of achieving equal gender parity in the boardroom by 2025.
"We're honored to be recognized for our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and for the strong representation of women who serve on Globe Life's Board of Directors," said Co-Chairmen and CEOs, Gary Coleman and Larry Hutchison. "By highlighting companies like Globe Life and others, the Women's Forum of New York is helping advance women's leadership among America's forward-thinking companies."
Globe Life's current Board of Directors is made up of eleven Directors, including five women leaders who provide outstanding leadership and value and help reflect the broad diversity of the organization. These women include:
- Linda L. Addison, Immediate Past Managing Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Marilyn A. Alexander, Principal, Alexander and Friedman, LLC
- Cheryl D. Alston, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, Employees' Retirement Fund of the City of Dallas, Texas
- Jane M. Buchan, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Chief Investment Officer, Martlet Asset Management LLC
- Mary E. Thigpen, Consultant for strategy development, technology assessments and global go-to-market operational competencies
About Globe Life Inc.
With the mission to make tomorrow better, Globe Life helps protect the financial future of millions of families across the country. Globe Life has been committed to this promise since its roots began in 1900. Globe Life is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is ranked #37 on the Dallas Morning News 2019 Top 150 D/FW Companies list.
About the Women's Forum of New York
The Women's Forum of New York is the city's premier organization of women leaders. The invitation-only membership of more than 500 women represents the highest levels of achievement across all professional sectors from finance to fine arts. The organization is dedicated to the advancement of women's leadership through programs which enrich members' lives both personally and professionally, through The Education Fund, which enables talented women whose potential has been disrupted by extreme adversity to resume education, and Corporate Board Initiative. Founded in 1974, the Women's Forum of New York is the flagship of the International Women's Forum, a global organization of over 6,500 outstanding women leaders in over 74 Forums around the world.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/globe-life-honored-by-womens-forum-of-new-york-for-gender-parity-in-the-boardroom-300955014.html
SOURCE Globe Life Inc.
- HONKARAKENNE: NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE FINNISH SECURITIES MARKET ACT, CHAPTER 9, SECTION 5
- MG Capital Corporation and DLP Resources Inc. announces Ian Gendall as President
- NetDragon and KONKA Introduce New Smart Education Panel
- Yunnan Cambrian Town Happy World Offers Family-centric Holiday Experience with The Opening of New Dolphin Bay Hotel
- Positive Signals in Footfall and Growth in Average Consumer Purchase for Citycon's Business
- Total voting rights