CoinAgenda Caribbean Returns to Puerto Rico Feb 26-27, Connecting Blockchain Industry Pioneers, Investors and Emerging Startups
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO, Feb. 14, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (via Blockchain Wire)
CoinAgenda (www.coinagenda.com), the
premier global conference series for connecting blockchain
and cryptocurrency investors with startups since 2014, has
announced its fourth annual CoinAgenda Caribbean event
happening in Puerto Rico February 26-27, 2020. CoinAgenda
will be held at Piloto 151 in historic Old San Juan. Tickets,
including discounted rates for Puerto Rico residents, are now
available through www.coinagenda.com.
- Brock Pierce, Co-Founder of EOS Alliance, Blockchain Capital, Tether, and Mastercoin
- Shawn Owen, Founder of SALT Lending and EQUA Start
- Irina Linchfield, Founder of BlockchainCubed
- Jacob Farber, Partner at Ouroboros LLP
- Melissa Jun Rowley, Award-Winning Speaker, Writer and Presenter
- Cyril Meduña, President and Managing Director at Advent-Morro Equity Partners
- Giovanni Mendez, Blockchain Tax Attorney, Global Economic Optimization
- Brian Bourgerie, Founder at InvestingBlock
- Sean Walsh, CEO at HyperBlock
CoinAgenda Caribbean 2020 will discuss legal, regulatory and jurisdictional issues involved with starting and investing in blockchain companies, with a special focus on Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. In between the day’s content and in partnership with BitAngels (https://www.bitangels.network/), up to 20 companies (a mix of angel and VC investments as well as tokens trading on exchanges) will pitch in a Demo Day environment. The day will conclude with a cocktail party at an exclusive venue.
Blockchain companies seeking equity investment or with tokens
trading on exchanges are invited to apply to pitch here. If
selected, there is no cost for companies to pitch, and
presenters will receive a complimentary ticket to CoinAgenda.
Past pitch competition winners include Aeternity, Bancor,
Omega One, SALT Lending, and Qtum, which each went on to
raise millions in investment.
CoinAgenda Caribbean conference sessions will focus on connecting investors, traders, family offices, funds, and entrepreneurs to explore topics including:
- Blockchain investment as the bitcoin halving approaches
- Blockchain economic development in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico as a global crypto-friendly banking center
- The brave new world of decentralized finance (aka “DeFi”)
- Legal and regulatory issues for blockchain companies and investors.
“With bitcoin prices up more than 40 percent in the first six
weeks of 2020, investors are beginning to position themselves
for the next bull market, which has historically run up right
after the bitcoin halving event that happens every four years
- and will occur this year in May,” said Michael Terpin,
Founder and CEO of CoinAgenda. “Unlike four years ago, the
blockchain economy includes so much more than just bitcoin,
and this conference lets attendees meet global experts and
entrepreneurs in an intimate environment where they can both
learn and network one-on-one with world-class industry
Since 2014, CoinAgenda has hosted events across North
America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about speaking or
sponsoring CoinAgenda Caribbean, please visit www.coinagenda.com.
Special rates are available for residents of Puerto Rico. To
purchase a ticket, click here.
CoinAgenda is the premier global conference series for connecting blockchain and cryptocurrency investors with startups since 2014. To learn more about speaking, sponsoring, or attending CoinAgenda, please visit https://coinagenda.com/.
Connect with CoinAgenda:
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
- Saniona announces outcome of warrant exercise
- Putnam Announces Distribution Rates for Open End Funds
- TCS OmniStore™ Wins Award for Excellence in Omnichannel Interactive Customer Experience
- Airtest Completes $500,000 Private Placement Additional Capital to Aid in COVID Related Sales
- Deadline Reminder: The Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against HDFC Bank Limited (HDB)
- Nam Tai Sets the Record Straight