Positive Physicians Insurance Company Expands Market Presence in Southeast U.S. with Admitted Carrier Status in Florida and Georgia
Positive Physicians Insurance Company (the “Company”) has been approved by the Florida and Georgia Departments of Insurance to offer medical malpractice insurance within their respective states. The Company obtained admitted status in Florida in February and Georgia in March and is currently in the process of obtaining approval for its premium rates before writing business in each state.
Dr. Lewis S. Sharps, the Company’s President and CEO, commented, “Our expansion into Florida and Georgia provides greater flexibility to grow our premium base as the medical professional liability market continues to harden. We believe this current environment will provide us with ample opportunity to align with insured groups who share in our risk management and patient-centric philosophy.”
The Company plans to start writing medical professional liability policies in Florida by September 1, 2021 and in Georgia later this fall.
About Positive Physicians Insurance Company
Positive Physicians Insurance Company, a Pennsylvania domiciled insurance company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Positive Physicians Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: PPHI). The Company underwrites medical professional liability coverage for physicians, their corporations, medical groups, clinics and allied healthcare providers. Medical professional liability insurance protects physicians and other healthcare providers against liabilities arising from the rendering of, or failure to render, professional medical services. We offer claims-made coverage, claims-made plus, occurrence-based policies as well as tail coverage in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Delaware, Maryland, South Carolina, and Michigan. For more information, please visit www.positivephysicians.com.
- AMSilk raises EUR 29M to accelerate commercialization of its high-performance bio-based silk polymers
- Taaleri Plc – Managers’ transactions – Juhani Elomaa
- Interim Report Q1 2021: Strong EBITDA growth of 72% In Q1 2021
- Clarity Gold Acquires Strategic Surface Rights Over the Destiny Project in the Abitibi Region
- Clean Air Metals Provides a Corporate Update Including Payment of $1.5 million to Panoramic Resources and Commencement of Environmental Baseline Data Collection
- DGAP-News: MIG portfolio company AMSilk completes €29 million financing round