TheRecover.com, What you need to know about Drug Rehabilitation Centers
SAN DIEGO, May 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- When looking for
drug rehabilitation you need to consider many factors,
including all of the following:
- The age of the individual needing help
- The type of drug being used
- The length of time the drug has been used
- What type of drug rehabilitation has been tried
- Are there any health issues non-related to the drug
- Also, has the individual been under the care of a
psychologist or psychiatrist? If so what has been
- Has the individual taken any medication? If so what type of medication? - - How long has the person taken medication?
This also leads to the financial question of how is the drug rehabilitation going to be paid for? Well, there are many types of treatment available with varying prices. It can be hard to know what is needed for the individual to be successful in their quest for sobriety.
Steps of Drug Rehab Process
The steps for a drug rehabilitation process varies according to their type of addiction, methods used, and personal preference. These are the key drug rehabilitation processes that all drug rehab methods share:
- Ongoing Recovery
Drug Rehabilitation methods
12 step - This is a method of drug rehabilitation developed in 1934. Two alcoholics founded 12 step also known as Alcoholics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, and Narcotics Anonymous. 12 step basically involves the individual going to meetings with other drug addicts. At the meetings, these 12 steps are applied. These 12 steps are from the Bible. With a huge amount of willpower, a person can get clean this way. However, it is a very tough road to go. Success is only marginal at best for today's hard drugs.
Long Term - A longer term program is one of the newer ways to try and defeat drug addiction. It involves an individual going away to a work camp style setting. At this camp, the 12 steps are studied, and many hours of labor are done. Also, there is a heavy religious aspect and bible study. The theory is that with a longer period of time, the individual would have a greater chance of staying clean. This method has been somewhat better than 12 step alone. However, for some, the religious aspect does not work. Overall it is usually 18 months - 2 years in length.
Bio-Physical / Social Educational - With the hard drugs of our world today, there is a residue left behind in the fat tissue and bone marrow. Our body can take up to 5 years to recover from the effect of these residues. The side effects can include cravings, depression, and anxiety. This can be a problem as the individual suffering from cravings, depression and/or anxiety will oftentimes go back to using drugs.
The biophysical component involves a purification sauna that will cleanse all the residues out of the fat tissue and bone marrow. This process happens in only 2 - 4 weeks. The individual will feel happy, stress-free and rejuvenated; ready to take on therapy.
Social Educational component is designed to teach life skills. A drug-addicted person is quite often an individual who has a problem dealing with what is bothering them. The life skills taught include communication skills, the ability to recognize personalities and the traits of personalities, as well as teaching the person about the traits of their own personality. Once we are aware of who we are, it allows us to be more social and naturally associate with better people. Also, a section of personal values and integrity is taught. This is done in a manner to allow for the individual's own personal beliefs to be kept, with religion or without.
Overall, this method will have the highest success rate for drug rehabilitation. Usually, around 70 - 80 % of the time a person going through this treatment will stay drug-free and be a productive member of society.
Author: Kevin Leonard
Address: 27420 Jefferson Ave, Temecula, CA 92590
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://resource.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/03fcc389-e03d-4a2e-ac74-d6db59dc495c
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
- CSE New Listing - Aura Health Inc. Commences Trading on the Canadian Securities Exchange - Video News Alert on Investmentpitch.com
- InvestmentPitch Media Video Discusses FSD Pharma's New Cannabis Clinical Research Collaborative Program in Israel with R&D Partner SciCann Therapeutics - Video Available on Investmentpitch.com
- Petroteq Announces Engagement of Development Firm for PetroBLOQ
- NetworkNewsAudio Announces Audio Press Release (APR) on Lexaria Bioscience Offers Consumers and Investors Viable Alternative for Drug Delivery
- Nexstim OYJ (NXTMH-FI): Pivotal E-FIT trial results expected for late August
- Custodian REIT plc : Issue of equity