ReNetX Bio Announces Initiation of Patient Dosing in the First Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Fusion Protein AXER-204
NEW HAVEN, Conn., Aug. 14, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ReNetX
Bio, Inc., a leading biotechnology company committed to
reversing disease and damage for patients suffering from
central nervous system (CNS) disorders, has announced a
successful first patient dosing in a Phase 1 clinical trial
of its lead drug candidate, fusion protein
Axonal loss is a common, yet unaddressed pathology, in a broad range of chronic and acute diseases of the central and ocular nervous systems. AXER-204 is the first in a new class of therapy designed to remove inhibitory proteins from the CNS environment allowing for axonal regrowth and increased plasticity. These changes harness the body’s ability to regenerate new neural connections through rewiring. “Given the promising results seen in preclinical studies, it is our hope that AXER-204 will become the first therapeutic shown to restore function and reverse damage in spinal cord injury and other CNS diseases,” says ReNetX President and CSO George Maynard, PhD.
The Phase 1 open-label, dose escalation “RESET” trial will evaluate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of AXER-204 in patients with chronic spinal cord injury and is expected to enroll approximately 24 patients. An estimated 300,000 people are currently living with chronic spinal cord injury in the U.S., and there is currently no approved therapeutic to restore sensory or motor function after injury. The company was founded by Stephen Strittmatter, MD, PhD, Vincent Coates Professor of Neurology at Yale University.
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
- DANA E-Wallet is now available as a payment method for the App Store and other Apple services in Indonesia
- Updated: Content moderation is hard, but there’s a new approach… and it’s fueled by Spectrum Labs
- Bluestone Enters into a US$30 Million Credit Facility with Natixis & Announces Appointment of Jack Lundin as CEO and to the Board of Directors
- Joint Commission International announces SAFER™ Matrix: A transformative approach for identifying and communicating risk levels identified during the accreditation survey process
- Stack Launches Asia's First Institutional-grade Bitcoin Index Fund, Bringing Bitcoin to Traditional Financial Actors
- This is a Test Release from GlobeNewswire